Monday, May 31, 2010

Finding Joy - Day 3

First, just want to wish everyone a very happy Memorial Day, and thanks beyond words to those for whom we celebrate this holiday.

This weekend was a lovely, long, 3-day weekend.  It was not that Nate and I did anything special - on Saturday we were human slugs - taking naps and watching cheesy tv, on Sunday we visited family and engaged in heated political and religious debates, and Monday we ran generic errands together, had a lovely dinner and enjoyed some time together.

And the best part?  For the duration of the entire three days, I was not doubled over or curled up in a fetal position.  I was not crying, unable to leave the heating pad.  I was able to relax, sleep, enjoy my family and my husband.  In all honesty, I don't quite remember the last time that has happened.

So even though this weekend was very ordinary, I am so very thankful that I was able to participate and appreciate the very ordinariness of it.  So thankful.  And so joyful.

Many hopes for a joyful holiday for you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment